Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shreeve of Shrivenshire

It's being modified a bit. When I did the original, the buildings were just little dots really, so I didn't get too complex with what they were and such.
    Now that it's a bit closer in I can add stuff and get more detail... so inevitably, I have to fiddle and change things.

I was also not pleased with some things too and wanted to change them. I had roads around every field. That is changing.
    I also realized, looking at it much larger, that the fields were big and needed some additional sheds, barns and storage buildings.
    And I decided to add little town gates too.

I really love your forest style J. I've been playing around with my own hand-drawn forest style and thus far yours is the best I've seen. Also, those houses are really nice. I'm looking forward to seeing this one develop.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Thanks Arsheesh. The style you have going with your Mythic Maps looks pretty good.
    I have way too many trees to draw here. I'm glad a decided to zoom in a bit.
    The original size forests would have killed me.
    I got a bit more done but there's still loads to do - and that's just line work.
    But I'm glad I'm redoing it. I think it will look much better and it's a good practice for doing fields and trees.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shrivenshire REboot 01a_02[M].jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	778.1 KB 
ID:	79102
    The title text will probably change, they I do kind of like it.

Gotta echo Arsheesh's comment about the forests. They're looking amazing.

Am loving this already!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Thanks ChickPea.
    Here's another update. Didn't get as much done today.
    There's so much to do.
    Larb - I've been thinking about your question...
    I think this might have to be a bit in the future, after the Prince granted the reprieve.
    Some people moved back and now it isn't just writers and old men.
    Though they still hold a grumbling majority... it's going to be tough to convey those knotty rooty routes and roads but I'm going to try.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shrivenshire REboot 01a_03[M].jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	79162

I just noticed the mushrooms in the bottom left corner. \o/

Those trees look great but I'd dread having to do that many.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

This is already looking lovely! As said before, the forests are great and I like how you did that rivers through the forests (:

-Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Larb View Post
    I just noticed the mushrooms in the bottom left corner. \o/

Those trees look great but I'd dread having to do that many.
    I am dreading it. I keep thinking - is there any way I can make it easier or something? - but nothing comes to mind.
    Those little images are part of that font, which is so cool.
    It's called Bajka. It comes in Regular/reg.italic, bold/bold italic, and ornamented with the letters being illuminated and the numbers and other bits as little storybookish images. Very cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielHasenbos View Post
    This is already looking lovely! As said before, the forests are great and I like how you did that rivers through the forests (:

-Dan
    Thanks Dan
    I made a point in this version to do the river and lake more detailed than the first version.

Waiting the next steps with pleasure! You've such a good line art and your title with the little illustrations is excellent.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Llannagh's Avatar

Once again a map that takes me away to different places and sparks my imagination... already!

Very nice. Respect for the detailed trees and the level of detail in general. My father was a landscape gardener/architect/planner (don't know the exact english term) and this reminds me a lot of the plans he used to draw. That being said, I often wondered why I enjoy drawing maps so much. I guess it comes from my father's side, I just realized! Thanks for reminding me, J.Edward!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast