How do?

I finally joined these forum boards after knowing about them for about 3, 4, 5, or more years.

I have been a cartographer and map collector my entire life, since the age of 7. In fact, when I was 8, I drew a map for a report project in 3rd grade. I was flunked when the teacher accused me of tracing the map. Of course my mom showed the teacher the map I duplicated, but I had also duplicated the map three times its size on the encyclopedia page. The same thing happened the next year when I did North Carolina, but not just the map, but a picture of the flag and state bird. Afterwards, I gave up art. But I continued drawing maps, just for myself.

Needless to say, I am much better at hand drawing maps than I am on the computer. However, there is one type of map I can make much better on computer than by hand: Color Shaded Relief Map.

Although I have never become expert at making maps, I do think I am quite decent. Some recent endeavers.

Please note that these maps are old and are getting redone.

Recently, I acquired Bryce and DAZ Studio and am trying to learn knew methods of making maps by using 3D ray tracers.

Now off to skim through the millions of posts here...

rmfr