Thread: Sarturus - Ulthui - REVAMP [need advice]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Sarturus - Ulthui - REVAMP [need advice]

Hello everyone. The Last time you saw my Ulthui map I chose to convey the continent's natural elements through colour, but I've decided to take it in a different direction. I've enlisted the help of a relative, a designer, and we're working on it together. I think it looks a lot more professional than my coloured attempt. So here's what we have so far:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ulthui.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	66207

Are the mountain formations valid? Is there any way to incorporate hills? I don't exactly know where to stand on the amount of detail. If you take Tolkien's Middle Earth map, there is very little detail in most areas and only select pockets of forest which stand out. How would I represent a mass of hills in all the northern region just below the mountains without making it too noisy? My main question in this thread is in regards to river scale. Obviously this is a continent and there are a lot of rivers on a continent, however is it viable to just have the major rivers for now? How do others attempt continent rivers? This is more a brief overview of Ulthui, but we'll make more detailed maps later on.
    Last edited by TaylorH; 08-02-2014 at 06:20 AM.