This thread is to share work I have been making "in secret", to turn my original elevation map (which is only complete for one continent, the smallest, out of the whole world) into an atlas-style map, where I could include political and geographic features. I was also sure I wanted to use Nathan's tutorial to have a sort of relief shading on it, so the work-in-progress was also an effort to get that applied onto my own material.

The end result (a few posts below) leaves me very proud. It's not a finished map, though, as labeling isn't completed at all. I would really like some comments on my labeling as it is something I am pretty unsure of.

So, step 1:
I finished my elevation map for the continent of Palamb after tectonics for the whole planet of Maward was complete.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Palamb_elevationmap.png 
Views:	272 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	66254
This is a scaled down version of the image. At this time, I cropped this part of the world-map onto a new file, and wrote down the exact coordinates (latitude/longitude) of the map limits. The new file still had the elevation layers separate, as that is needed to create the shaded relief.