Thread: Greetings from New Jersey!

Default Greetings from New Jersey!

Hey All!

Pleasure to be here. I am new to the world of cartography, but am anxious to learn how it can be used to add the most it can to a Fantasy world for RPGs. I was appointed as the Cartographer, and co-lore historian, as well as the person responsible to add a touch of psychology to the workings of the world, for my friend group's attempt at a D&D 5e campaign. I got this position, because due to the....unique sense of humor and outlook of our DM, he wanted to attempt a home brew campaign, and well I got bored waiting for other people to finish their characters, so I began to doodle, and since I'm not crazy talented at figures, I went with landmasses. Long story short, our DM took a liking to my ideas of world building and made me the Cartographer. I look forward to learning from all of you, and hopefully one day being able to help others as well. Thank you.

Welcome!

Check out the tutorials section for lots of helpful stuff. One of my favorite places for tutorials is Fantastic Maps, but if you're doing pen and paper, not digital, Quest Atlas was really helpful for me, and where I started out mapping.

Hope to see you around, and don't be shy to post some of your maps, or ask a question! If you post a work in progress (WIP) map in the Regional/World maps section you'll receive lots of helpful critique and comments from fellow guild members. So get posting!

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Hello fellow historian !!! I studied in history to! Well welcome to the guild, I am only here since last week almost so were both in the same bag! Funny cause your reason is kinda similar to mine. Though I joined primarily in order to improve my maps for a book project, some friends of mine want me to have a world for them XD

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

welcome to the guild. Always good to be the cartographer
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise