Thread: Hello Cartographer's Guild!

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Praise Hello Cartographer's Guild!

I am new here. Just joined today (I'm sure you can see that somewhere). I saw someone's map of Tamriel (not sure who it was), but that's what led me here. I am no artist, and no cartographer myself, but I am working on a project that will eventually require me to come here. I'm not ready for help yet, since I don't have money to pay for anything yet, but I hope to be in the next couple years. The project is a fantasy world that progresses to a scifi world. I hope to write books about it eventually, but right now I'm still working on the skeleton. Anyway, this forum looks like a great place, thanks for having me!

Welcome to the Guild C_D! If you are looking to learn how to make nice maps, then you have come to the right place. You don't need money to do this. One of the most commonly used software here is THE GIMP, it is similar to Photoshop and is completely free.

Get it here: GIMP - Downloads

There are lots of others also, everyone has their favorites.

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Welcome to the Guild C_D! If you are looking to learn how to make nice maps, then you have come to the right place. You don't need money to do this. One of the most commonly used software here is THE GIMP, it is similar to Photoshop and is completely free.

Get it here: GIMP - Downloads

There are lots of others also, everyone has their favorites.
    Hi! Nice to (virtually) meet you. I am not looking to learn how to make maps. I lack the ability to pay attention to detail. I do like looking at the maps here on the forum however.

When I mentioned money I meant I intend, eventually, to post a Map Request when I get some money together. Have someone who actually knows what they're doing do it for pay. Honestly, I'd love to be able to do it myself, but I am incapable of paying attention long enough to do it.

I'm just joining now as the first step on my master (insert evil laugh here) plan to get myself a well made map for my fantasy creation.