View Poll Results: August Challenge Voting: (Pick 2)

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gameprinter: the Under Halls

17 44.74%
  • Yu_gnomi: Bert the Troll's Cave

0 0%
  • Redrobes: Multiple textured paths

8 21.05%
  • NenKnight: Neon's Dungeon Tiles

7 18.42%
  • Ascension: quick n easy dungeon tiles

2 5.26%
  • Lord: The Grist

12 31.58%
  • RobA: QnD Tiles

22 57.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: August monthly vote!

Blog Entries

I voted for the Grist and GM's tiles because of the work done for them and the overall result looked great. I really liked the lighting and atmosphere from the Grist tiles and GM's tokens.

I would have championed Robs too with another vote as I think the scripting approach will allow many more people to get great maps out and those who already make great maps to do it quicker and embellish it more with the time saved. Many of the maps I have done is script + tokens. I dont think its quite as good as a fully photoshop from scratch piece of art but its quick and effective.

I am also surprised anyone has voted for my effort as I didn't make a proper map out of the tiles or provide very many tokens.

The cool thing that someone has already said is that you can take all the tiles and mix-n-match them together which I think is really great. It would be interesting if anyone would make a map out of a mix of all the tiles - at least one from each person.

I voted for Gameprinters tiles, cause I liked them the most. It was a hard decisicion between his titles and The Grist tiles.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

This was a hard one to vote for, not because of the tough choices, which there were some, but because I was absent way too much this month, I haven't been keeping up with individual threads... and the first time I saw these threads, was today....

It looked as if a random dungeon generator exploded onto my screen. And that, friends, made it a little confusing.

My choices were: Nenknight (whoever that was?) YodA aka RobA and GP...

Of the three, they were the only ones that either met the requirements, or came as close to them as I could tell. GP one over my third place choice out of the rest for sheer volume (HE IS A FRIGGIN MACHINE I TELL YA!!) along with his style of map which I liked. If you people would just come to the dark side with us and use Xara, you too could pump out massive tiles in deft-defying time. They'll get it one day GP

yu gnomi and acensions maps looked incomplete, and if you had external links, well... I missed them, Rules Rulez.

Red Robes and Lord.... I never actually saw anything that had a completed version of the tileset together as an example dungeon, and if you did and I missed it... I apologize for being retarded and missing it. I was actually looking for something that said: This is the sample dungeon:: or something along those lines.... with a pic of completed tiles assembled for my viewing pleasure.... and this is why you fell short of my vote.... However, both had beautiful work, especially lord's floors and overall tile flavor which I really did like.... I understand it was *extra credit* ... but it was the *extra credit* that won out in this case .... of ties that is ...

Great work everyone!

Yeah I was unaware of the ending date of the challenge, was it posted somewhere? I had the completed dungeon all set but the thread was locked before I could upload it. If you care, its in the first page of this thread.

I voted for three cause I'm a moron and can't read

--But my two picks would be Roba and Neon

GP was my third pick.. sorry GP ... No 9th compass from me this month...
    Last edited by Badger; 08-28-2008 at 04:49 PM. Reason: addendum

Guild Member

Due to the high quality of the entries, it wasn't easy to pick a favourite... but my vote goes to RobA *applauds*.

/edit I didn't read properly either... hmmm... well, no 2nd pick this time ;-)
    Last edited by mogul76; 08-28-2008 at 05:41 PM.

Another tough, tough vote. NeonKnight's tiles, while they definitely look like DD3 output, are possibly the best example of that style I've seen in a while. The other vote was kind of a toss-up between Redrobes' procedurally-generated tiles and Ascension's manual ones. I dithered between those two because I want to give appreciation for the greyscale printer-friendly entries. Ultimately, I decided that the Redrobes tiles showed more polish.

I was really hoping to see more from Yu_gnomi because I liked the approach to fitting the tiles and their non-traditional shape. Plus they were greyscale. I just didn't feel that the set was quite as versatile or finished as the other two greyscale entries, though. Honorable mention.

I'd also like to take a moment to especially thank RobA for contributing that script, which will be a lasting asset to the Guild.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Good work everyone - they were a storming set of entries.

You all did an excellent job.
    I'm just sorry I miss that one too. I seem to miss a lot lately.
    Well I guess in october I'll get more free time.

C-U-Den,

Alu.
    Let my fangs find your neck, during the night, so that I can drink your knowledge ...

So it could be use here : www.l-hazard.com

If you find some free time, let me know where it is.... I need some of it too

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast