Thread: Dun-Anowen concept sketch

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

THW My planning process for the most part is this, hey I think I'd like to make a castle. Yeah and I want it on water, so I laid out the landmass. So what might my castle need to start with, a keep or wall? Then I just start to add bits and bobs of space say a great hall / entry towers / kitchens / lords and lady's private areas etc. To me this is more of an exercise of fantasy design, I can make a place that doesn't really have to work like it would architecturally in the real world. If it falls down nobody gets hurt LOL. I'm not to sure I really follow Larb's style I've been doing similar architectural presentation work for 40-45 years LOL No offense Larb, I do like your stuff! I think everyone's style is a little bit of influences from our past art technique exposures, so I'm sure that Larb and I got there in the same way. If we look at other guild members true freehand ink stuff, mine and theirs will have alot of similarities.

I'm not sure how this will really play out. The town will probably get short changed a tad, as you say from lack of paper space. But this is more of an exercise to move out of my comfort zone so to speak. I'd like to learn how J.Edwards did the PS rendering on Bourmout, but as I've added color instead of a monochrome underlay, well we'll have to see how it goes.

I'm open to suggestions on techniques / spaces / places to anyone who wishes to offer em up.

Vellum
    Last edited by Vellum; 08-23-2014 at 11:00 PM.