Thread: A valley village

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Meh, I kept on playing with the map for a few days. I found a couple of obstacles that I don't know how to get around yet.

I fixed quickly the elevation layer, but the quick fix is far from perfect. There are some tiny imperfections, but I don't really care as of now. My main problem is that I can't seem to be able to color the mountains properly, making them too similar to the background. I tried Hue/saturation and colorize, but nothing.

Another thing I know it's wrong is the darker roads leading out of town in the north-west. They were re-added after I realized that that's where the river was supposed to be, so they are a quick "patch over" fix.

My main problem is that I can't find a proper seamless tile to do the trees. Now, consider that up to a week ago I didn't even know that seamless tiles existed, so yeah >>

Also, are the rivers ok? They look a bit funky to me, but what do I know.

Oh by changing the elevation, I guess this ceases to be a valley village... oh well. I may scratch the whole thing completely, but it was an useful learning process.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Town1b.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	898.7 KB 
ID:	6261