Indeed, I wasn't sure where to put invocation of emotion, whether the evocation was to be filled under information or something else. I defaulted to putting it under information, because ultimately it is the manner in which information is arranged that leads to forming said emotion. I'm not sure emotion really belongs under that umbrella though. For the purposes of this case though I felt it was warranted to put it there as it suited my topic.

Also interesting is that my background is fine art rather than design, so it's interesting to see the two interpretations. In my stream, sculpture/installation, the program was less interested in refining basic skill sets as it was in refining and editing one ability to express. For the most part the skills were taught merely to facilitate the creation of stuff, in other words the basics were introduced but most refinement was done via one's own expectation. For the most part quality of workmanship was besides the point unless it was exceptional or exceptionally poor. Obviously though, the better the workmanship the more likely the audience will forgive a paucity of meaning or feeling.

It is true what you say about skills. Intellectually I understand that what I had to learn in school and those basics are not in fact obvious and innate, but where I am now in certain things it just feels like they are obvious and innate. But then developing a person to such a level where things just come "naturally" to them is the purpose of all training.

Also these forums indeed help me a lot in development of something I'm not particularly strong in. Thanks for the tips in your examples for instance. I don't think I would have ever realized that tip with the white cities vs. brightest point and the dark points.