Thread: The Lands of Strigia

Default The Lands of Strigia

Here's the map I worked on for the January 2015 Mapping Challenge, but didn't get to finish. So I now plan on finishing it and expanding upon it to what I originally planned.

Here's the link to the contest thread if anyone's interested: http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...ad.php?t=29463

And here's the current WIP:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIP_09.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	70640

I'm adding an illustrated border similar to my Albion and Nivirem map from a while ago. But this time there's some sort of cosmic world tree holding up the world with owls on the branches, 1 owl for each city, which it is named after. And overlooking the map is an owl deity. And although I've added a bit more to the map, I still have to go through all the detailing I didn't get to before with the black brush.

I'm also including my last version of the map for the challenge just for the purpose of seeing without the new border, where my markings partially block the map (for now). It has a filter on it, but it won't be present in future versions with the border until possibly the very end.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIP_08.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	2.68 MB 
ID:	70641

Enjoy and feel free to comment or add suggestions!

That looks quite cool.

I am looking forward to see if you can pull off the combination of these strong colours with that massive border without having the border overwhelm the map.

Guild Apprentice

A parliment of owls.

I really like the cities you've done!!