Thread: Hiring Cartographers for Creation of a Fantasy Map

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Applicant

Default Hiring Cartographers for Creation of a Fantasy Map

Dear Cartographers:

I’m a fantasy author going by the pseudonym Alex Stargazer. And as you can ascertain, I am looking for a good cartographer to make me a fantasy map for my upcoming novel—the Necromancer.

I won’t go into the book’s details (its got a guy who can raise the dead, believe it or not; and it’s got flying zombies, and magic!) but rest assured that it fits snugly into the Dark Fantasy genre and does, therefore, require a style of cartography as befits such a tale.

I am willing to pay the interested map maker around £150 (negotiable) through electronic funds transfer. I only require reproduction rights for commercial purposes; you may hold your copyright and do whatever you like with it. Please note that I am on a deadline: the map must—ideally—be completed within the 11th of September, and certainly no later than the 31st of October (publication date).

The map would have to either be greyscale or at least suitable for greyscale printing and display. And yes: the map must be at 300 DPI or greater—printer will reject it otherwise.

I have attached a rough working for which the map must—more or less—correspond to.

I await would-be mapmakers,
    Alex.

Reference-Map.tif.zip

EDIT: For additional guidelines on the desired style, check out: http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2.../Alagaesia.jpg

SECOND EDIT: Apologies, but I forgot to mention the size. It should ideally be 13.97x21.59 (horizontal vertical) centimetres, but I don’t mind as long as the map conforms to the aspect ratio.
    Last edited by AlexStargazer; 08-28-2014 at 01:49 PM.