Thread: City of Embrola

Guild Novice

Wip City of Embrola

This is my first attempt at a city map and it is a LOT more time consuming than I initially thought. It is a capital city based on my last and only other map (for now)

Comments, advice and criticism all welcomed...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	City Draft.png 
Views:	84 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	66663  

Guild Novice

So... I filled in more of the city.
    Added a Cathedral, a Keep/Palace, University, a jousting list, and a tourney grounds.

Comments, advice or criticism welcomed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	City Draft.png 
Views:	128 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	66690  

The white of your highlight seems a bit bright especially on the forest. Stroking the edges of features such as your road will help make them pop out a bit more too. Your layout looks fun, I like the crowded sections especially.

Guild Novice

Thanks for the comment and advice. But I'm a little distressed, the "forest" are actually mountains/hills
    They didn't come out like I intended and I also wish I knew how to make a more realistic grass texture.

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

This is on GIMP, right? (I think I recognize that Bump mapping) if so, you might try adding another layer of 50% grey around your mountains, I had the same problem with my mountains (of course that was the time when I was trying to do forested mountains, not snowy ones. When I did snowy ones I got them too dark *rolls eyes* isn't that how it always works?) OR you could just go with it and make those mountains at a very high altitude and have them be snow-covered year round. You could also use your burn tool to see if you could darken them up a bit.