Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: [WIP]: A new RPG World

Professional Artist SteffenBrand's Avatar

I know I'm not that active at the moment due to a heavy injury at my spine. Don't worry, it's healing, but only slowly. This is why I'm not that active in the last few weeks. BUT I had some time beta-testing my RPG linked to the world I'm trying to make a map for here - let me just say: The feedback was phenomenal! People really dig the rules and the overall themes for this. It has been a big boost and since can't draw that much right now I'm heavy into writing some more pages and bugfixing / clarification.

Since people asked me about the size, I overlayed it quickly. Should clear some questions. But this thread has not been forgotten. I'm on it, all the work I put in this and the description / rules (over 4 years) will not be abandoned. =)

Cheers, Steffen

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vergleich.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	2.03 MB 
ID:	73665
    Last edited by SteffenBrand; 05-27-2015 at 11:06 AM.
    Visit me on ArtStation.

That's terrible to hear Steffen. I hope it heals faster.
    Glad to hear though that you're having good feedback on the game world.
    So can we assume that the game world has about as much additional land as the earth map beneath it?
    Which means there are other land areas we are not seeing?

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Hopefully you'll fully recover soon, take care Steffen. Looking forward to seeing how you will develop this map!

Thanks you two. =)

@J.Edward: Yes, this is only a cutout of the main gaming area I focus the game on. I have a rough plan for the rest of the world, but haven't completely defined it yet. I'll save this for possible further publications (also, I would have an out if I need something specific if a problem emerges suddenly during the main campaign).
    Visit me on ArtStation.

I'm really looking forward to this development here. And i'd love to see the world-map...yeah, i'm a sucker for "the whole picture"

Und natürlich auch von mir gute und vor allem auch schnelle Besserung, Steffen!

P.S.: Kann man irgendwo etwas nachlesen über das RPG? Zähle mich zu den angefressenen Rollenspielern
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Haha, danke =)

Ich antworte dir einfach in Englisch, dann verstehen es auch alle anderen: I am in the beta-phase at the moment with the rules; sadly, it is a close beta with people who signed up a disclosure agreement. I plan to really publish this, but I think I'll post a site with infos and some descriptions in the future. =)
    Visit me on ArtStation.

Aaaaalright, this step actually was a lot of work. I find it very hard to generate artificial names for cultures, cities, etc. that actually sound like I want the region to feel. Probably not perfect, but this is with what I got and only a few changes will happen. This is probably the first time I post this with names and in this size. Also did some rudimentary texturing. =)

Hope you like it, you can't probably read everything. Since this is a German RPG, this will probably stay this way. There are some 'reminder-texts' in there, just to keep something in mind for me. And - sorry for that - a huge WIP. Hope you like it anyway =)

Cheers, Steffen

Name:	webDinA2_Weltkarte.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	4.14 MB 
ID:	73855
    Visit me on ArtStation.

Nice. It's good to see it in a bigger version. Although the big WIP is really distracting ^^
    I'm not sure i'm all that keen on the mountain style and i am not sure i buy your river-shapes...not so much how they flow but the weird widening most of them have at, to my eyes, arbitrary points.

All that said...i really like the overall shape of the region you're showing us. And, as i can read german, i am very interested to know more about this world. It got my attention I hope you'll do a world-map, as i said in the last post. It always makes me wonder how the creator envisions the rest of the world if i get a "cut-off map"

Oh and i am sure that you meant a non-disclosure agreement in your second-last post...i'd sign a disclosure agreement any day
    I'm trapped in Darkness,

Args, yes NON-Disclosure. Of cause.

Well, the mountains and land... I haven't put any work in there at all at this point. I just indicated where they will be, so don't worry. Needed this for climate thoughts and with the other infos I haven't in the map I generated the rivers. =)

It's just a clipping, but I'll aim for something more like this for the land:

Name:	Unbenannt-1.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	811.7 KB 
ID:	73856
    Last edited by SteffenBrand; 06-04-2015 at 10:19 AM.
    Visit me on ArtStation.

That certainly looks nice! Looking forward to your progress.
    I'm trapped in Darkness,

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast