Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: [WIP]: A new RPG World

Professional Artist SteffenBrand's Avatar

Discuss

Ravekha: An Update

With my new computer I decided on the final form of this world. I could upgrade the map to about 10kPX / 6,5kPX and I am currently drawing rives (not finished there, I'll cut them out later from the land and there are a lot of them missing). I've overlayed the old shape for you to see slightly, but I'm much more happy with what it is now. Especially the fact, that the continent to the east doesn't continue allows me to make this form of the world more consistent. I also made the planet smaller to about 2/3 to what earth is.

If you have any questions or suggestions - I'm happy to hear it!
    Also, I plan to make a huge Upload soon with some of my newer work =)

Of cause this is still WIP, but you know: I'm on it. For a while now... :/
    Best wishes, Steffen

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DinA1_400dpi_Ravekha.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	87151
    Visit me on ArtStation.

Good to see you working on this again.
    The sea terrain looks nice.

Thanks, J.Edward! =) Any opinion on the changed shape of the continents? I'm kind of curious what people think about this =)
    Visit me on ArtStation.

It's a lot harder to tell the differences due to the current version being so dark.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected darcycardinal's Avatar
    Blog Entries

@SteffenBrand the map is looking good so far, albeit the color scheme is a tad on the dark side, especially the text, which makes it hard to see. Maybe there could be more detail or shadows inland as well.

You have be reped!

-darcycardinal
    Fabled Maps Cartography - Facebook Page - Click HERE
    Map Project "New Richmond" - Newest Update 10, Sept 5 - Click HERE
    New Richmond Sketch-update - Newest Update 2, Sept 8 - Click HERE

@darcycardinal: Thank you! Yes, this will of cause be lightened up, it is still heavily a WIP and nothing done inland. Eben the sea isn't final. I'm aiming for something like this: Link

@J.Edward: Just changed it and made it larger, too =)

Views:	47 
Size:	6.64 MB 
ID:	87152
    Last edited by SteffenBrand; 09-01-2016 at 10:19 AM.
    Visit me on ArtStation.

That's much clearer. It definitely has more weight now with the changes to the landmasses.
    I particularly like the southern areas. Loads of nice bodies of water in there.
    So, does this map cover most of the North to South size of your world? I assume we are not seeing all of the east to west.
    If it does show the full north to south, some water features may be bigger than you intend them to be, depending on the size of the world [circumference].

We don't see everything, you are correct. It covers the North Pole, the Equator is indicated on the upper End of the region SINTHAR (about 2/3 from the top). The map doesn't show the southern region completely, just the northern hemisphere and the south up to 45°. I decided to leave something open, such as the lands to the west (since a bunch of weird stuff is traded from there) and the south (because dense jungle is there and nearly everyone gets lost).
    The world itself is about 2/3 of the size of earth, each bar on the right is 250km / 155miles.

And no, the larger bodies of water are very intentional, I'll sum up a bit of the backstory of this world in the future. =)
    Best wishes, Steffen
    Visit me on ArtStation.

Then I think you're on track for a very interesting world Steffen
    I like the changes to land shapes.

There we go! I re-calculated the size, mass and physical rules of this world and it came to be about half the size of earth. I said it would be 2/3 at first, but I was wrong. Each 10° (look on the right side) are about 500km (=310miles); I included Germany as a size reference in the east (it won't be in the final version). I also included the rivers as a preview as how I plan to finish them, but they are not final. =)

Next step will probably be the finalizing the rivers and / or making the water as it should be.

Best wishes, Steffen

Views:	51 
Size:	5.71 MB 
ID:	87158
    Last edited by SteffenBrand; 09-01-2016 at 03:00 PM.
    Visit me on ArtStation.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast