Thread: [WIP]: A new RPG World

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Professional Artist SteffenBrand's Avatar

Wow, I'm really impressed by your response to this, thank you! =)

Pressure Zones and winds are my achilles' heel, I really have difficulties wrapping my head around the concept. I understood it this way:

1. There are global winds, the atmospheric circulation you mentioned. This doesn't change. You correctly assumed earth-like circumstances (rotation, planet mass, etc.).

2. There are winds that change direction. This can't be predicted more than theoretical 30 days in advance, making this highly irregular. But some of them are recurring phenomenons like monsoons, uplifting winds at mountains, etc.

3. Coriolis force describes the winds direction, changing in the northern / southern hemisphere. I need to do this again I guess in my map.

4. A question to your post: Are you sure about the wind direction between 30° and 60°? It seems to me you are the expert on this, however it really feels off. The cells you described on the right are pointing in another direction. Is this, because of the pressure zone there?

5. Thanks for the biomes you drew in. Doing some fixes there. This overall feels like a neverending process, there will come a point where I need to just stop and go on with the work on this... =)

Cheers, have some Rep!
    Steffen
    Last edited by SteffenBrand; 04-13-2015 at 06:26 AM.
    Visit me on ArtStation.