Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gotham City

Very nice color choices and excellent readability!

This looks great! How big did you have it printed? I feel like anyone working on the Batman comics should have one of these on their wall.

Is there a pattern to the numbering of the 22 locations? I found it very difficult to find the numbered locations, since there doesn't seem to be a geographic correspondence between the numbers and their location. I would recommend sorting the reference list by region/district and having the numbering within each region be consistent, e.g. southeast to northwest. If you find a number on the map, it's trivial to look up what it is, but it's just as common (if not more so) to go from the list to the map, and it's important to make it easy to find each place.
    Another option would be to have multiple lists instead of just one, for example a list of landmarks (Wayne Tower, the Clocktower, the Botannical Garden, the Natural History museum, etc), a list of municipal structures (the prison, police HQ, etc), and a list of other places of note (Gordon's house, Wayne Manor, etc), so there would be no need for by-district organization, but the numbers should still have a rough geographical correspondence. I think this second option would be best if there were more numbered places though, perhaps 50+.

This is a really nice map. I find that one rarely see maps over familiar scenery from movies, tv-series and comics, making this one even more special. A splendid job!

I would like to suggest that you link the original Gotham WIP thread in your first post here. Personally I really enjoyed following the processes from day one, and wouldn't want anyone who might be curious to miss it

Cheers!

Guild Novice
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cereth View Post
    Thanks for all the compliments everyone!

I got it back from the printer last week and within minutes noticed a spelling error! Doh!

Luckily no one has called me out on it yet.
    Having published a few books and articles in my time, I can tell you that this is completely normal. The correct solution is to have a drink and figure it'll give some reader a bit of "gotcha" pleasure in years to come. Otherwise you just go nuts.

Congratulations!

(But you didn't include the secret tunnel by which Batman gets from Wayne Manor to the city: there's NO WAY he could always count on getting across the bridge quickly....)

excellent map. I think i will use it as an example for what i am trying to do/

Yes once again I have spent better than an hour lost in this map! Truly amazing, being a big fan of "The Bat" I considered this a big trip back to my childhood... The research that went into this is evident and shows in all the details! I want to print this out and frame it!
    I'm going to be lost in the tutorials for a few weeks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12