Hi,

I've got to the point with my first map where I'm happy with all the geographical features (following the Saderan tutorial) and I am ready to start with labelling the map. However, I don't know how to go about this. The map is made in CS6 and is 2500 by 3000 pixels at 300 dpi. When using the text tool in Photoshop, the font is huge - it would seem that the text would need to be around 3pt to be at the correct scale which is obviously unreadable! Is this caused by the dpi being set to 300?

I've done a bit of searching and found references to doing labelling in Illustrator or Inkscape instead. I tried importing to Illustrator and it seemed to have the same problem - the image size was a lot smaller than I expected (not sure I'm explaining this right). I tried it in Inkscape and the size seemed much better but I had lost the ocean layers for some reason (it was land on top of a white background!)

Are there any tutorials around that explain how to export from photoshop into illustrator/inkscape for labelling the map? I've not been able to find anything suitable myself