Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Thunderspire Labyrinth

Where did you get the pillar cutouts?

Post wow!

These maps are absolutely fantastic and will save me a ton of time for when my group starts them.

Quick question - maybe I missed it, but is there a map for encounter H7 (the slave pits)?

Quote Originally Posted by SkaSaxGuy View Post
    These maps are absolutely fantastic and will save me a ton of time for when my group starts them.

Quick question - maybe I missed it, but is there a map for encounter H7 (the slave pits)?
    I did not do that room, because it is on the poster map included in the module.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Guild Apprentice

These are great! Too bad I don't play 4e, but I'll definitely be looking at them for inspiration.

Btw, what are the rules/laws for recreating original maps and then showing them here? Is it ok as long as you give the proper credit, or would I for my Red Hand of Doom attempts have to ask the original artist, Mike Schley, for permission too?

I'm not sure. Technically, I suppose I could get in trouble for the maps, but I am not claiming to create them, and am truthfully claiming them to be derivitive works of the original.

Additionally, I am providing them as game aids, and in no way am providing to players an illegal work. The are simply at scale game aids. Nor am I charging for their use (though I do take donations ).

That said, I am sure if you were to reproduce the RED HAND OF DOOM maps, and give credit, you 'should' be OK.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Guild Apprentice

That's more or less along the lines I had thought. I just wanted to be on the safe side before posting any WIP for c&c here. I'll be creating for personal use being a newbie in cartography, but to get any c&c it's hard without uploading.
    Thanks for your thoughts on the matter.^^

Quote Originally Posted by mjdallas View Post
    Where did you get the pillar cutouts?
    Oh, i've had those so long now i don't even remember. They served as generic pillars through my two year Masks of Nyarlathotep campaign too. I THINK they're Skeleton Key Games, but i'm not sure.

Thanks Neon, my players are very much loving the maps!

Quote Originally Posted by Nebulous View Post
    Well, i cut EvilKobra's 7-Pillar map down to half size, but it will work beautifully for the adventure. Thanks!

(images snipped)
    HOT DAMN! That is one sweet set-up! Love the 3D props!

I don't have photos of our own yet as we keep making little upgrades every couple of weeks... anyhow we're playing on top of a 37" LCD screen (1920x1080 --> 32x18 inches @ 60dpi) connected to a 17" MacBook running MapTool. So far, so good. But the killer is a custom piece of software which analyzes a webcam output and automatically updates the map (incl. fog of war and vision effects) as the players move their miniatures.
    Last edited by EvilKobra; 05-27-2009 at 12:27 PM.

Guild Apprentice

another set of great maps, I'll need to refer back to these if I ever run this module.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast