Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Thunderspire Labyrinth

Unfortunately, the grid is already assigned.

But rather than increasing the mobs, why not do what I do (i also have at times a very large group).

Look at the XP for the encounter and then divide by 5 (the default number of players), this gives you the XP per player. To make the encouter more balanced for a large group, simply add a monster of that value to the encounter.

Example, if the encounter value is 1500, and it is comprised of two monsters worth 250 points, one valued at 400 points and one valued at 600 points. You however have 7 players. So for 7 players for the encounter to have the same 'worth' you would need an encouter worth (1500/5=300. 300*7=2100) 2100 points. This is 600 points more than the current encounter. You could add 1 600 point monster, or 1 (400) + 1 (250) monster (close to 600) or 3 250 point monsters. You have a lot of choices to the encounter.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

I'll give it a try! Thanks much. And again, thanks for the great maps!

I noticed that W5 and W9 were not included. Or did I just miss them?

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mfrizzell View Post
    I noticed that W5 and W9 were not included. Or did I just miss them?
    If those are the poster maps included with the module, Neon has stated he will not be creating those.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Hey all, this is one of my first posts, I'd just like to start off by thanking everyone involved in making all the H1 through H3 maps especially NeonKnight, they have helped out my campaign a ton! Below might be Spoilers to any non DMs out there running the Heroic Tier campaign so read at your own risk.

Just some thoughts on the whole Hero tier campaign to make it more fun, I used the character from the DM's guide Amros Kamron (pardon the spelling my players and I change his name almost daily lol it goes from Armos Kamron to Amros Kamroth etc) He is described as a cleric of Tiamat but I altered him to be a cleric of Orcus that is involved with the Bloodreavers slave traders. It made the transition from H1 to H2 much easier as I made it so Amros ended up being the brother of Paldamar and it was with his brothers power and connections with the Seven Pillared hall that he was able to stir the bloodreavers to new heights and work with Kalarel to rebuild the Keep on the Shadowfell. It added alot of intrigue to the campaign as Amros had his hands wet in all the affairs (Kalarel, the Bloodreavers, the Duergar, and Paldamar himself, he even escapes at the end of H2 and ends up working with Gharash Vren the dragonborn fugitive hook from H3)

I also made the merchant Drow Gendar from the Seven Pillared hall an agent of Bregan D'Aerth, and when the Duergar are overthrown the mercenary band quickly picks up the trade slack left between the Mages of Saruun and the Duergar. Helps lead up to P2 also

What do you guys think? I know this forum is for maps mostly, but I thought you guys would also have some good input on the story aspect of the campaign too.
    Last edited by DMAegwyn; 04-02-2010 at 04:57 PM.

I think those are GREAT ideas. Part of the problem I had when I was initially running the adventures (I am halfway through the Drow one now), is the later adventures were not out, so it made it much more difficult to leave clues to future adventures. I should probably start going back through the later ones (P3, E1-E3) and look for future hooks to place
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    I think those are GREAT ideas. Part of the problem I had when I was initially running the adventures (I am halfway through the Drow one now), is the later adventures were not out, so it made it much more difficult to leave clues to future adventures. I should probably start going back through the later ones (P3, E1-E3) and look for future hooks to place
    I got P2 for Christmas and when I looked through it, I found it worked out well with the Bregan D'Aerth stuff I added. I also had the Vampire Lord visit the PC's on an off day and have them personally invite him into any building in the seven pillared hall. Boy they had red faces when they found out they had basically just unleashed a vampire lord on the population of the hall.

I love to do fantastic things in my game just to let the characters have fun. Example in H3 at the beginning your attacked by a band of criminals including a Rage drake. In the rage drakes stat block it says when mounted by a rider of 5th level or higher, it gives +2 to the riders Attack and Damage bonus. So I let a few well rolled nature checks allow my parties ranger to mount the Drake and use its benefits and I let the drake get 1 claw attack in every round the ranger attacked. They loved it. We had to scotch tape the rangers mini to a drake mini for map purposes. Everyone found it hilarious.

Guild Applicant

Amazing maps, man! Thanks for sharing!

Hey. Thanks for the great maps. I'm really looking forward to using them. I am totally new at this, and am looking for the easiest/cheapest way to print these maps to scale for use with this adventure. Can anyone give me directions? Thanks in advance.

Just thought I'd toss my two cents in: I really appreciate all the work put into mkaing these, it makes running modules so much easier than tracing every map out on the projector-erase mat. Can't say thanks enough!

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast