Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Thunderspire Labyrinth

Question Horned Hold Maps

I'm really new at trying to make maps for my group, and I'm closing in on needing maps for the Horned Hold. I really like the maps that have been made, but I noticed only the parts with encounters have been done. I'm running on a virtual tabletop, and would really like to see maps for the extra sections not covered done. I've been using paintshop pro to combine the Chamber of Eyes maps to one large map I could load for the area. I've also done the same with H1 and H2, and H3 is a section by itself. However, for the section that contains H4-H8, I am unable to combine these maps without the interior sections. Would it be possible to get these done so I can make the combination, while I'm still learning the mapping software myself?

Thanks for all the work you've done on these maps.

Heh. If you had asked me a week ago I could have helped out. Unfortunately, I just lent out my copy of Thunderspire to a friend who wanted to run it for his group.

Sorry I can't help at the moment.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

DOH!!! That's what I get for slacking. Looks like it's time for a quick crash course in map making if I want these maps for next week

Great Stuff! Enough to convince me to buy Symbol Set 2. I love this style of map. Question: Would you be willing to share the technique you employed for the larger boulders in the Interlude map? It looks like a smooth shape with a bitmap fill. But how did you do the highlights and shadows? Was that in DD3? Or Photoshopped afterward?

No photoshoping. I need to look at the map and then I'll let you know.

MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

OK, I looked at the map, and here is how it was done.

I made a poly with a stone BMP fill style (you can find lots of various Stone Textures at this site here: http://www.grsites.com/textures/ )

The, I made a sheet withe the effects: Transparency (set at 90%), and another effect of BLUR (for my map the value was 1.2).

Then I drew a whitish poly on the 'lit' side of the boulders, and then drew a dark grey poly on "shaded" side of the boulder. The sheet effects then blurred them and made them somewhat transparent to 'fake out' some 3D-nish to the boulders.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Interlude-No Effect.png 
Views:	472 
Size:	178.1 KB 
ID:	9735  

Congrats Neonknight, your maps got the attention from Gabe of Penny Arcade. Very cool! One of my favorite comics

http://www.penny-arcade.com/

The only problem: now there's a stampede going on and the forum is suffering. I keep getting Apache errors because the forum is out of resources
    And for all the new people, these maps were made with Dungeon Designer 3: http://www.profantasy.com/
    Last edited by Gandwarf; 02-02-2009 at 03:46 PM.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Holy crap! Over 7,000 views! I do believe that's some kind of record here.

RobA's Gimp tutorial has over 27,000 views
    Still, it's impressive. The Thunderspire maps and the link at PA are attracting huge amounts of people to the site
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

No doubt. And it's certainly a record for the gallery.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast