Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Thunderspire Labyrinth

Solid wall (Filled Polygon) with the Bevel Effect and a Glow as well.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    Solid wall (Filled Polygon) with the Bevel Effect and a Glow as well.
    Ahh...that's how it's done. I've seen this done on other maps but for the life of me I couldn't figure it out. I knew this wasn't done with the regular wall tool. I was trying to use the background bitmap and playing with the effects you mentioned but that wasn't working out right.

Do you use the text tool in CC3 or do you import into Photoshop to add your text to the map?

Nice. Thanks for sharing the tips. I must practice the use of sheets and effects.
    Last edited by rayoman; 05-19-2011 at 05:47 PM. Reason: added a question.

I do everything in CC3, only using Photoshop to ensure the map is 'to-scale' for print purposes only (i.e. a 10 square by 12 square is resized in Photoshop to ensure it is 10 inches x12 inches for printing at 100%.

MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

These are of course excellent maps but I have what might be a stupid question. They are presented in a format that CC doesn't recognise (other than as a symbol). This means I can't load them into CC to print them out and I have nothing else that can print them. So why not post them in a format that CC can read so that printing them out is rather easier?

They were done in Campaign Cartographer, but were saved as PNG Files. Any graphics program (Photoshop, GIMP, MS PAINT, PICTURE VIEWER etc.) can open them and print them at 100% to ensure they come out at the right scale.

If you want to open them in CC, create a new at the scale of the image (i.e 60 feet x 80 feet for the First Map), then choose the INSERT FILE select the PNG image you saved, and then scale appropriately. Finally choose PRINT and Print option of 5 feet = 1 inch for print scaling. *whew*!

Many thanks NeonKnight. I had no idea that CC could use PNG (or indeed any other kind of files for that matter). Took me a while to find the insert file command - not hugely intuitive being in the Draw menu. As you can probably tell I have ownership of a very powerful drawing tool which I can use - up to a point - but barely understand what I am doing

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Many thanks NeonKnight. I had no idea that CC could use PNG (or indeed any other kind of files for that matter). Took me a while to find the insert file command - not hugely intuitive being in the Draw menu. As you can probably tell I have ownership of a very powerful drawing tool which I can use - up to a point - but barely understand what I am doing
    Ooookay....I was being kinda cheeky about inserting into CC3 to print. But if all you are doing is printing them, as I said, downloading and opening the PNG in any graphics program will enable you to print it to scale by selecting printing at 100%.

Thanks a lot for the maps. This saved me sooooo much work. They are really great

these maps are just what I need. but sadly when I try to print them they only come up as small images. is there a place to download the actual file?

I love these maps. they look amazing. but how can I download them to print them in actual size. when I click on the image it doesn't download the attachment. it only shows me the picture and when I print it its not in scale...
    Last edited by - Max -; 03-07-2014 at 01:14 PM.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Ash, I merged your posts. You can edit a post with the edit button (bottom right of the post screen)

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast