Hello, everyone here at the Cartographers' Guild! If you don't mind, I would like to introduce myself and express my gratitude for you all having me here. My name is Tomas, and although I have referred to this site on a few occassions in the recent months, only until now have I decided to plunge into this community filled with rich imagination and friendly and helpful social members. I look forward to becoming your acquaintance.

As for cartography, I have utterly no experience. But I believe I should start with another matter. About a year ago or so, I was drawn by the universe of Destiny, a video game developed by Bungie. In my attempts to understand more about this universe that caught my eye, I decided to get more involved with their website, where I ultimately began to write a Destiny story of my own. It was and still is my first written story, which I enjoy very much. Even so, that particular tale was not my first idea for a story. About ten years ago, I drew a character which inspired an epic that was put on a shelf for many years. That story has been long overdue and a newfound desire to work with it again and bring it to life with writing was birthed. For a short time now, I have revisited my memory and extracted this fantasy epic's details and pieced them together in notes. Here's where my writing meets cartography.

What kind of adventure is complete without a map to illustrate it?

I searched and searched for ways to make my desire a reality, and upon this site I stumbled. Using Inkscape and Gimp, which I credit my discovery to this community, I have toyed with elementary skills and tools to mold a map that captures my fantasy epic to the fullest.

I still have a long way to go before it meets my satisfaction, but I hope I can turn to you for aid when I am in need. I look forward to interacting with this group of artists and learning from it as well. Thank you very much!