Thread: I'd appreciate anyone willing to make this map for me!

Guild Applicant

Map I'd appreciate anyone willing to make this map for me!

Hello! I'd like to request a map for my fantasy novel I'm currently writing. I am willing to pay, and please contact me at hongkong822@gmail.com to discuss rates. I'm going to attach several maps for whoever decides to make this map for me. I'm requesting just the map of a large continent, along with the outlying areas of other continents and landmasses. The scale should be around 100 miles to the inch, however I'm not very good at envisioning how that scale will look when complete. I don't want it to be too small. I am looking for a sepia-styled map, with that sort of tattered-scroll style. I'll also attach a picture for reference of that style. I'd like it professionally-made, not with MS-Paint or whatever. I'm indifferent to the program you use to make it. I require it for web-use, although I may print it in the future. I'm also indifferent to the dimensions, but it should be around the size of the average computer monitor when zoomed out, if not a tad bit smaller. Those can be worked out as well. I'd like this map completed by Thanksgiving Break, although I'm incredibly flexible, and any time constraints or issues on your end can definitely be worked out with me. I'd be fine if the cartographer used the map in their own personal galleries, but not to exploit it for their own commercial gain. Now, for things I would like changed in my map:
    1. Make the edges of the continents and landmasses rougher.
    2. I would like the borders to exist as borders, not rivers, like I had made them in my CC3 example.
    3. Regarding the names of towns and cities, please use the CC3 map for reference.
    4. If you see any settlement, castle, or region that is unnamed, please use the other maps to infer what their names might be.
    5. I would like the towns and other settlements to be drawn as a cluster of houses and other buildings, not a mark or dot. There doesn't have to be too many buildings. Cities should have more than towns.

I understand if the maps might confuse you, but please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions. Please keep in mind that when you show me drafts, I may tell you to add certain things that were not in the previously shown maps, such as actual rivers, or smaller settlements. Whoever decides to make this for me, I thank you in advance, and ask you to email me with any questions/concerns you might have.

Maps: Maps - Imgur

EDIT: I have two potential offers, so this map is now taken. Thank you!
    Last edited by Sammich; 10-06-2014 at 05:37 PM.

Has this request been taken?

Banned User

At the very bottom, this one is marked as Taken