Thread: Two Maps for a Short Adventure

Post Two Maps for a Short Adventure

Greetings! This is my first time posting here, but I'm trying to make sure to follow the guide as closely as possible.

I am looking to have two rough map sketches turned into publishable quality maps for use in a Pathfinder RPG compatible adventure. Map style should be similar to what you typically find in a published fantasy RPG map - such as those found in the Pathfinder adventure paths, Adventure-A-Week publications, and the like.

The two maps are:
    Exterior map of a small village - final size would be roughly 7"x5" at 300 DPI
    Interior map of a small dungeon - final size would be roughly 7"x5" at 300 DPI

Both maps need to be in color and should have with and without labels. The dungeon map should also have 5' grid lines. These maps will be published in print, so professional or semi-professional are a must.

Payment is negotiable based on experience level and can be discussed via email (my email should be viewable, but if not - dreamscarredpress AT gmail DOT com)

I'm trying to have these maps done in the next month - so by the end of October.

I will have the right to use the image for commercial purposes, the artist will have the right to exhibit the image as part of his portfolio but not to exploit it for commercial gain.

Any questions, please let me know!

Thanks!
    Jeremy

Welcome to the Guild Jeremy. This should draw some interest from members, but if not, don't be afraid to bump the post up again in a few days.

Thanks, Bogie! I've had several cartographers contact me so far, so it's looking good.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Pryme8's Avatar

I might be interested in this, I can do 3d models of the maps in question and then do top down renders that look hand drawn. Send me an email at Pryme8@gmail.com and I will show you some examples. This is a new method I have been developing here is the results of the original test with this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hall1.png 
Views:	61 
Size:	263.7 KB 
ID:	67497

Name:	cave2.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	234.5 KB 
ID:	67498

Name:	topDownDeckLift.png 
Views:	58 
Size:	263.2 KB 
ID:	67499

Name:	Clean_Tiles_pryme8.png 
Views:	52 
Size:	2.44 MB 
ID:	67500

Name:	Fill_In.png 
Views:	50 
Size:	753.4 KB 
ID:	67501

I have worked in print before, and understand the set up required of the images. I also will be able to restrict the design to your 5' grid making the scale more realistic.

If interested in my assistance please swing me an email!
    Last edited by Pryme8; 09-19-2014 at 02:05 PM.

Guild Journeyer

Hi Pryme8! Just curious about the 3d program you used on these examples... Is it easy to handle for a newbie on 3d programs?

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Pryme8's Avatar

c4d and the learning curve is very intense.

Has this request been taken? If so I'll archive it.