Well, hello.

I've been lurking around for some time (a couple of years actually) and have finally decided to uploads something I'm working on. I started playing RPG back in the eighties and quite enjoyed drawing maps, first massive dungeons, but later I got into world building and did some quite nice geographical maps (if I do say so myself). Unfortunately none of them exist any longer, as they were the unfortunate victims of a moving clean-up along the way. I stopped playing RPG in the mid-nineties and stopped mapping at the same time, but within the last couple of years I have wanted to get back into the hobby. The recent release of D&D 5th has pushed me into getting started again and I have found some buddies to play with. Fortunately this means that I have a reason to make maps again as I prefer making my own campaign rather than using pre-made ones.

To get started I have browsed the forum a lot lately, looking for ideas and styles. I have a pretty good idea of what I want my maps to look like, so it seems to be a question of finding bits and pieces among the many fantastic tutorials here, as well as stealing ideas left and right from the beautiful maps made by the forum members. While I've started my world building with a small town, I decided to start my mapping at a regional scale instead of a town map. I still haven't quite figured the best look for the later, so I'm putting it off a bit.

Below you can see what I have so far. There is still a long way to go, but it is nice to be at it again.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Braylon-WIP.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	128.1 KB 
ID:	67990