Thread: is there a good available print or poster of the Tabula Peutingeriana available?

Question is there a good available print or poster of the Tabula Peutingeriana available?

Hi All,

I’m looking for a nicely printed copy of the Tabula Peutingeriana in a poster size say (roughly) 36” x 24” (though maybe 48” wide might be better - and I’m flexible on the size as long as it’s manageable!). Can anyone recommend a place online where I could order one? I’d like to get a copy for myself and one for an elementary school classroom as well.

Further -- we’ve gotten rather “into” Atlases. I’ve picked up the Times Atlas which is a wonderful thing, and would eventually like to get the Barrington Atlas (which I take to be in 2 vols -- one with the maps and one with an index, as far as I can tell). But was wondering if anyone could recommend a bookshop (again online or at least from which I could order online) that might have (while I’m saving my pennies for the Barrington) classical atlases that wouldn’t be too expensive -- say in the US$100 to US$200 range and would cover the Roman world from say the late Republic to the late Empire.

Thanks!

Try Abe Books maybe? I've been happy with every transaction I've done through them.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    Try Abe Books maybe? I've been happy with every transaction I've done through them.
    Thanks Falconius. Yes, I like ABE a lot too. It’s just that there are quite a few atlases from that period, so was wondering if anyone had a particular edition to recommend. Or one particular one that was recognized as being rather good. But I’ll give it a thorough search and report back if I find anything!