Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: October/November 2014 Challenge :*** "Commission" a Guilder ! ***

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

After some very nice days in Berlin I just said goodby to Viking. I will try to convince him

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I still think we ought to make this a 2-month challenge...

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    I still think we ought to make this a 2-month challenge...
    Yes, I agree that this challenge probably need some extended deadline. I was thinking 15 days more in my mind but that might be more.

Someone as just asked me if I want the be his partner. I would like to but I'm not sure if I will have enough time.

And I have a question: can we map a plot from the CWBP2 ? : http://www.cartographersguild.com/co...epository.html

We have an outline of the map and the informations on geography but that's all. It's far from a completed map.

Quote Originally Posted by Azelor View Post
    Someone as just asked me if I want the be his partner. I would like to but I'm not sure if I will have enough time.

And I have a question: can we map a plot from the CWBP2 ? : http://www.cartographersguild.com/co...epository.html

We have an outline of the map and the informations on geography but that's all. It's far from a completed map.
    There's probably still around one month left for this one so you have plenty of time to enter ! As for your question, you can commission whatever you want but remember the chalenge rules:

Original work - The map must be made within the time frame of the challenge. Therefor it is not allowed to use a previously made map or continue work on a map begun before the challenge commenced. This to make sure that all have the same chances in the competition.

It would be incredibly helpful if this could be a two-month challenge, Max. Lingon and I are still in the planning stages of our work (with all of the ideas and adjustments shooting back and forth and busy schedules it's taking longer) and we've also mutually decided to up the dimension parameters for the finished maps--which will also take longer. It may not take as long as I suspect, or if we do run over the time limit then we'll certainly finish the maps... but it'd be nice to have a bit more chance of getting finished entries included in the voting. of the best challenge of all time.
    Even if you set a firm deadline for the last Monday of November, say, allowing a slightly longer voting time before next month's challenge begins on the usual schedule (assuming it does), that'd be greatly appreciated. Anyway, that's my thinking. I'll be quiet now.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Fine, let's set the deadline of this challenge on 20th November. Then there will be 4/5 days of voting. This will allow the December Challenge to start early and last before christmas, which isn't a bad thing since everyone will be probably quite busy.

Great news about the extended deadline. I'm gonna need it, I think. Thanks Max for swinging that one.

As somebody who has never commissioned or been commissioned, I just wanna ask one little question: what happens with all these maps when the challenge is over? Who retains use rights and ownership?

THW

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by - Max - View Post
    Fine, let's set the deadline of this challenge on 20th November. Then there will be 4/5 days of voting. This will allow the December Challenge to start early and last before christmas, which isn't a bad thing since everyone will be probably quite busy.
    Ok, that should be enough time. I'm in.
    Now I need an esteemed colleague to build a team.
    Last edited by Sapiento; 10-18-2014 at 03:47 AM.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Thanks Max. I was really sweating having enough time on this, and I'm sure others were as well.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast