Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: [Award Winner] Creation and Depiction of Fantasy Cities - Parts I & II

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I've read it, and it was a good read.

The only thing I'd say would to shorten some sentences. It is quite readable already, but some sentences could be better split into two or three sentences.

I don't really have much to say about the content right now

Guild Apprentice

It's been months since anyone posted here, it seems. I declare: this is AWESOME and I can't wait for part II. This is an absolutely brilliant work. I have to ask if you've ever read Italo Calvino's Invisible Cities - I think you'd find it interesting if you haven't.

Thanks Novarri! Part II is on my todo list, but I'm still in the process of working out what to put in Part II. I haven't read Invisible cities but I'm always on the lookout for books on urban design and planning, the subject fascinates me, so I'll definitely look it up. Thanks for the pointer!

Novarri isn't the only one waiting for the next piece of brilliance...
    -÷-÷-÷-÷-÷-÷
    “It is not down in any map; true places never are.” (Herman Melville)

“A good map is both a useful tool and a magic carpet to far away places." (unknown)

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Perfect time for a bump - I'm city mapping at the moment. Looks great Ravs. Thanks for the good read. The art is well placed and breaks up the text nicely. Good job.

Guild Novice

This has been incredibly useful. Thanks.

Very well done, hope Part II comes soon.

Making a start on the second edition with the second chapter on this now. Only 3 more pages added, but I've beautified it somewhat (had to lose a lot of the beautification when the file size came in at 107 Mb though.

Anyway more to come soon, but I wanted to put up the new cover more than anything as more people are reading this and the old cover was pretty plain. You'll have to download it from Mediafire as the Guild limit on file size is not enough.

Link Here

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Wow. This is REALLY cool. I know you're still working on this, but wanted to let you know that on page 12, you have some text being partially obscured by a pic.

I can't wait for the finished version ... this is going in my hardcopy reference book for sure once it's done.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast