Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting an Idea on how this was done

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Getting an Idea on how this was done

http://www.cartographersguild.com/fi...tml#post254111

This map is a great map and I would like to know how it was done. Any pointers would be great!

Thanks guys...

Voodddo

I agree that this is a great map, but it appears to be rather simple. There are no obvious complicated effects involved.

So I'm not quite certain what you are looking for: how this map was designed? How the design was executed?

Of course, as I have not made this map, I cannot tell you exactly how it (whatever it is) was done. Maybe you should post a PM to the creator?

I think it was hand drawn, with pen or a tablet, I'm not sure.

For the rest, as Freodin said, if you want tips, you should ask a more specific question.

Well... I just noticed that's Minnesota, Wisconsin, Ontario, and Lake Superior, pretty accurately rendered. So perhaps it's a tracing job.

The author mentions Photoshop. It may have been drawn digitally into photoshop with a tablet. The hexes may be a pattern fill. The lake work is really intricate; that looks hard to do without a tablet unless perhaps they started off as random patterns (using a render clouds filter?) lovingly edited later.

if it is a trace what image did he use and where did he get it.. the map is for the RPG The broken earth and i want to do more like it for another area that i am developing for my game

Thanks but no thanks i thought there may be he pulled it of Googgle map or something and deleted the roads... The lakes are very close to what i find on googgle earth.. I need the map to be empty of roads but i need the rivers lakes to be there...

Ok, I just need to make things clear: you want to make a map or you are searching a map already finished ?

I would like to learn how it was made

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast