Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: October/November 2014 Challenge: Larb's Commission

I am loving the style choice! It's kind of like steampunk/sci-fi/firefly which is awesome!

Ohoho. There really aren't that many maps like this around. Wish there were more, they are awesome! Longing for your next post

Cheers,
    Tainotim

I'm totally digging the look you've got for the latest WIP. Great job so far!

Quote Originally Posted by Domino44 View Post
    I am loving the style choice! It's kind of like steampunk/sci-fi/firefly which is awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by tainotim View Post
    Ohoho. There really aren't that many maps like this around. Wish there were more, they are awesome! Longing for your next post

Cheers,
    Tainotim
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee View Post
    I'm totally digging the look you've got for the latest WIP. Great job so far!
    Thanks guys. Finishing this map on time ain't going to be easy, but with comments like that, I'll definitely give it a try.

THW

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

The ship is less than half done; colour has been added, but I haven't done all the fine details yet (lights, shadows, etc.); labels have been started but there's a long way to go before they're ready; the lake and plan views aren't even on the horizon at this point--overall, I'd say this isn't going to be finished on time. That's no reason not to post another update, though, is it?

I'll be adding this map to the list of things to do after the challenge, when I no longer need to worry about deadlines. This isn't the last you've seen of the Gersemi!

Time is short, but comments, critiques and suggestions are still, as always, welcome.

THW

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Larb Commisson 011.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	3.00 MB 
ID:	69184  

Dude, this is so cool - it totally reminds me of the best automotive handbook I ever owned "How to keep your Volkswagon Alive - a Manual of Step by step procedures for the complete Idiot"...which was the BEST book ever on the subject. So fantastic I learned a lot about how an engine works using that thing. Plus, it was the granddaddy to all those other "Idiot" manuals who came in its footsteps stealing the idea. I love that book and this is so like it. You should name this the Idiot's manual for star ship maintenance.

Oh and if you want to verify what I'm saying: RabbitENGINE.tif

Sorry you won't finish it before the deadline but man I really want to see this done. I hope you do keep at it.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

I agree, I think this looks pretty awesome even at this stage. It makes me want to draw something similar.

Thanks. High praise indeed, especially since I know the picture is full of mistakes (does anybody know a good way to keep scale consistent when hand-drawing?). With that kind of feedback, I will definitely persist.

THW

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12