Thread: Kingmaker exploration map in fantasy style map

Default Kingmaker exploration map in fantasy style map

Hello,

I'm looking for someone to create an antique/fantasy/lord of the ring style map of the Kingmaker adventure path map.

Basically, I would like to take a map like this:
    http://mackarious.deviantart.com/art...-Map-291626658

and convert it to a map like this:
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-uRfo6BeH3h...ddle-earth.jpg

The exact map to be converted will be provided once we agree on pricing.

I will want 2 images:
    - The fantasy map
    - The fantasy map with hex grid on it at certain scale and position.

Background:
    Kingmaker is a Paizo adventure path that deals with exploration. The players will go around to explore and to chart the area.

The idea is to print the fantasy map on normal stock card and then print the detailed map on sticker paper. The player will start with the fantasy map which represent the "current best known map" which is not accurate 100%. Part of the player's task is to make a more accurate map.

As it represent the current best known map, I do not want the fantasy map to be 100% accurate. While the player should know that they are approaching the mountain range, forest or river, it does not has to be on the exact hex as the detailed map. I think this is fun for players as it retains the sense of exploration while at the same time, has some idea of the general layout of land.

As the player explore the map (hex by hex), we will cut the detailed map that was printed on sticker and stick it to the fantasy map, hex by hex. This indicates that the player has explored that map. As the game progresses, it becomes a visual track progress of where the players have been.

My players enjoy fantasy style map and this will be a treat to them.

Quality/Size:
    The map will be printed on large paper. I think the size is around 46 x 15 inches.
    In terms of quality, I don't know how difficult it would be, but something comparable to the fantasy map I linked with a lot less label would be nice

Time Constraints:
    We are starting the campaign in Nov '14, so it'd be great if the fantasy map can be finished by end of Oct.

Copyright:
    As mentioned, the map will be used for our local table top rpg game. Therefore, I would like to have non commercial reproduction right of map (getting it printed, etc)

The original detailed map is copyrighted by Paizo. I don't know enough about law to know if a fantasy map derived from their map is under their copyright, but you can check it their community use at: http://paizo.com/paizo/about/communityuse

Price:
    I would like to compensate your time but I don't know what it would cost me. As mentioned, it's mainly for local game session as a treat for my players. If you can tell me how much you want for the work, we can start from there.

I don't think I can accept PM yet, so I'd appreciate it if you can email me at joesys [at] yahoo [dot] com

Thank you
    -Joe
    Last edited by joesys; 10-14-2014 at 07:18 AM.

This project has been taken.
    Thank you everyone

-Joe