Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: *** September Challenge - What is your Style? ***

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In the past it was usually the morning or mid-day of the due date that the votes start and threads close...we try to aim for 5 days of voting before the end of the month.

A hard and fast time is hard to predict because we're all hobbyists with day jobs, so having a CL or me here to close the threads and start the voting at a hard/fast time is not something we can just schedule really. I'm sure if a few hours makes the difference between win/lose or post/no-post some allowances can be made if a pm is sent to the CL who ups the vote thread.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    I have to say that Redrobe's script has really come into its own on this challenge, it's great to see all the maps side by side and compare them. Thank you Redrobes!!!
    Thanks, they do look good all stacked up together. This one is a bit of a humdinger of a challenge. We are a few days in with 14 so far and I know of 4 more promises and one more maybe already. Every time I log in I have to add a bunch more and run it again. If it does not look like its updated then press ctrl F5 in Firefox to get it to refresh the cache - that catches me out every now and again and I know when I have just added them !

So.. a question on the map size. Is the hard limit on map size 100x100 miles mean the map(canvas) has to be square or does it mean that that the mapped area is 100x100 miles in width/height. The reason I am asking is that I am playing with a technique that is new to me.... and if it works, I will use that as my entry....
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

As far as I can tell the challenge is thus: Here is a ref map. Make any kind of map with any kind of style with any kind of projection and any kind of colors as long as it represents the area shown by the ref map. Go wild and show us what you got.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

RR pretty much has it right... show us what you got... if for some reason we don't think it conforms to the challenge rules.. I'm sure we'll let you know

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Wow... extraordinary turnout this month... I hope we have as many finishing as we have starting this month ... love that so many joined up cause it makes it that much more interesting and enjoyable....

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

My entry appears to be showing up twice in the Thumbnails, not sure why though.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    It certainly won't entitle you to twice as many votes
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    Oh yes ! Well you have two threads in this months challenge and I think that its looking up which pic to use by user name so its getting confused. The thumb name is username_date.png so I think its overwriting the thumb with the same name pic and referencing twice. So which one is the live one ? I'm guessing the second - ill change it, let me know if it was supposed to have been the first. Gimme a while for it to update tho.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast