Back in the 1970s I went to the UofH. I was also into D&D and the ancient civilizations from South America. I went to the main library there and found several really nice books on the Aztecs and Mayans. I went through the stacks once I'd found the area where the books were. As I was wandering around I found these really old, weather beaten books. They were almost six feet long. Inside of them were hand drawn sketches of the walls from the various cities. There were also original sketches where they'd put the cloth paper up against the stones and rubbed a charcoal stick against the paper. I spent hours just looking at the life-sized sketches and the other, smaller wall sketches. All of the sketches were signed but I don't remember who had made them. Many of the sketches were in color. I assumed that the images actually had those colors but none of the walls I've seen in recent photos has any kind of color to them. So I have no idea where they got the colors from. I did use a copier to make copies of the alphabet used. Very interesting that a single letter can be written in multiple ways. I'm sure the different icons mean various things like hard C - soft C but the book just listed the icons without any kind of explanation of why there were multiple icons for one letter.