Thread: September Entry: Rush Job

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Journeyer

I am using a mouse.

And in the end is was not as bad as I feared as most of the mask had not been applied to each layer, and so could easily be changed for a new one. I only had to redo the forests as they had already had the layer applied, they are still the feature I am least happy with I think as I just can't get them looking right.

Realism aside I think it looks better with the thinner rivers, so don't really mind doing the changes as it results in a better looking map.

I am happier with the marshes now I have blended the coast in a bit, and as for the cities I think the only option that makes sense is using icons.

Here is the current status of the map

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RushJob1.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	424.2 KB 
ID:	6297  
    Last edited by Badger; 09-02-2008 at 12:08 PM. Reason: --Added wip tag

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Jkaen, we have a script that RedRobes was kind enough to write that allows the latest image of a entry thread be collected in a single thread stickied at the top of the forum http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=2066 just remember that you have to put the Latest Wip tag with the 3 #'s on either side of it ... I edited your last wip to include it ;D
    Last edited by Badger; 09-02-2008 at 12:14 PM.

I think this is looking really great. Really nice dark and brooding feel about the map. Don't worry about ensuring that features on a map are scaled to size - for a map to be useable, features like towns, streets and rivers are often scaled up so that the reader can see them and the map can be useful. Ancient mappers did this and so do modern street atlases, so it's a pretty well recognised convention.

If you've done this using a mouse and not a tablet, then I think it makes the result twice as good.

Cheers

Ravs