Thread: Campaign, Home Brew, Ongoing

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Question Campaign, Home Brew, Ongoing

[Compulsory] Commission

Hello,

As one might be able to tell I just copy/pasted the template and started filling it in. My name is Tim and I am working on a campaign world setting for possible future distribution. While this outcome is not likely, I would like to be able to take that opportunity, if it presents itself. At this time it is a home-brew game and all the maps will be paid for out of my pocket. This will be a paid commission, or so I am thinking. Tho I have no idea what the usual rates for something of this magnitude might be. So I'm looking to have some discussion on this before much of my idea is discussed.

Paid: I will pay via pay-pal or some other means that can be verified and or certified if need be.

Subject

The basics, This will be a campaign world so there will be at this time one main map and one or two major city maps. I dont know if there will be more to come but I feel that any other maps could be commissioned at a later date. A lot of this also depends on costs. As for right now this is a home-brew campaign but I have a desire to build on it and possibly figure out if self publishing it would be viable. Much for me to learn and research on.

Style

I am looking mostly for a stylized artistic creative non grid map to show of the creative elements of the world and the first city or two. I really like this style but would be open to viewing other styles.

Quality & Size

[Professional / semi professional]
    [Required for print / web]
    [Dimensions of map: x inches by y inches (or pixels)]
    For quality and size, these are concept maps

Time Constraints

There is no time limit at the moment as it is a work in progress.

Copyright

I will have the right to use the image for commercial purposes, the artist will have the right to exhibit the image as part of his portfolio but not to exploit it for commercial gain.

Contact Details

I can be reached at tiemmothi at g mail dot com

To be honest for now I would like to leave the discussion of this to the forums until I have a better idea of going rates for what I desire are and I would like to foster some conversation about my ideas as well, as there are still very fluid in my mind.

===

Soi had ahuge post describing what i wanted... and i lost it..

The major city my players start in.

Crater City - Cledghall

Started by Goblins Cledghall is mostly underground except where it can be seen as part of a massive craters walls. While not technically a crater it was formed many thousands of years earlier in a war the ancients were involved in and is actually the result of a particle beam weapon strike. The crater spans about a ?? mile circumference and when originally burned in had glass smooth wall sides. Over the years the walls have lost most of the glass quality as windows and doors have been poked in the walls to create entrances and scaffolding has been erected to make walkways. These walkways cover the entire ? mile height and dot and connect the entire circumference. Made for goblins smaller stature humans fit but its not very comfortable and one must not be scared of heights. The scaffolding gives way at the bottom of the crater to the sea side and the floating docks which have been built up and out into housing in some areas and other areas are too deep to safely build affording a nice safe deep harbor for deep keel trading boats. yes the goblins might be pirates of sorts or have a strong sea faring bend. Also the docs were made by Dwarven craftsmen and are well made and of normal size not specifically for the smaller goblin size. The dwarves, elves and many other medium races call this part of the crater, which expands through a large chasim and expands to the surface, home. While dwarves might not like goblins they have worked hand in hand in building much of the underground strictures in the south/ southeastern portion of the crater.

and some sketches of stuff....

In my sketch i had a sun orbiting the ring but that has changed. It is now a small asteroid/moon or the egg of Dremin. The ring orbits a gas giant planet (more than likely one of the planets from the Paizo universe). The dun is Dremin in all her glory (Golden Dragon).

The wall is Dwarven/Goblin made to keep out Demons an alien race yet conceived or designed. The dwarven kingdom is in effect destroyed and the Dwarves now call Cledghall home. They reside in the south, Southeastern section and much of it is above and below ground. There is a multi stepped waterfall that carves out a section of the crater and falls to see floor a few 100 feet below. There is a defunct cube that was unearthed when above ground contraction was started in the south/SE are of the crater. The above town section is woven around it. The cube is about 60' square. It floats.

The ring is subdivided into sections right now. This is the first section my players will be in.

If your interested in helping me with this im curious how much a world map and a city map will cost me. If its not more than i think it is there will be more maps to come over the course of a year or so. I am also looking for conceptual work and design ideas. I was planning on keeping copyright and at this point im not sure if that is still the case.
    Last edited by Timothy Alton; 10-24-2014 at 05:30 PM.

Has this add been taken?