Thread: Looking for tips to how to improve my map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

appreciate the responses. i am quite picky when it comes to how things look in my map. the walls does work though id prefer to have it a more brick wall texture, though i dont know exactly how i would go about doing that. shadows will be my biggest challenge i think as i havent really done anything like it (first time using photoshop 2 weeks ago so im still picking up the basics) the idea about getting rid of the shinyness is quite nice. generally i like dull surfaces with little shine.

The altar was originally planned to be a brazier of sorts with burning coals placed in the inner circle. i havent taken the opportunity to alter it to make it look better and i guess thats why it looks worse. originally i wanted a deeper and darker bowl for the coals to add to the burnt effect. though the changes you suggest jkat i will attempt, might look quite nice as a finished product.

My idea is that this is a temple. the top right room would be for them to store supplies for various rituals and similar things while the big room contains a shrine to a diety (in this case lolth) the altar serves as the site of sacrifice or rituals. generally i would also like it if you guys would know anything obvious that i have missed which would be in a main temple room.

All in all im quite satisfied with how it looks, some tweaking here and there. think with what you guys suggest this will serve as a pretty nice arena for their first major boss battle
    Last edited by Leondias; 10-19-2014 at 10:29 PM.