Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Los Angeles Metropolis

Default Los Angeles Metropolis

This one was a long run! It's an attempt to do a map covering the major part of the Los Angeles Metropolitan area for one of my rpg setting. It's kinda similar with the "Blade Runner" setting (both film & book) a gigantic city with a dense pollution and a retrofuture style.
    Consequently, I wanted the map to have a "fallout" or a modern retro style. Its separated in four pieces for uploading reasons (the guild helps me a lot for having a global view by the way )
    Thanks a lot for all the support during the process!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LAQ1.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	3.67 MB 
ID:	68212Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LAQ2.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	3.64 MB 
ID:	68213
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LAQ3.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	2.91 MB 
ID:	68214Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LAQ4.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	3.30 MB 
ID:	68215

Hope you'll like it!

That's a pretty impressive piece of work. I assume that you started with some real-world dataset? It looks a lot like an overview map you'd find in a real atlas, but with some subtle aesthetic choices to make it more interesting- the fonts, for instance.

Since you're using English, though, park is spelled with a k, not "parc." I'm not sure why that jumped out at me. Also, at least in the USA, it would be uncommon to find a map titled "The Los Angeles Map." It would be more likely to just be "Los Angeles," or maybe "Greater Los Angeles." That's assuming, of course, that the look your going for is some sort of atlas.
    Last edited by acrosome; 10-08-2014 at 03:05 PM.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

A lot of dedication and work here. Great job, your players will undoubtely have fun in game with this beautiful and detailed map !

Thanks for the kind words!

@acrsome : It's based on OpenStreet Map data. The "parc" is my mistake (I didn't see that one... there are probably others, native language find its way easily!). You're right about the title. I just guess it would give it a more "official" and "reference" feeling with "The".

@-Max- : yep , my players will have some surprises too... I'm pretty sure that they will discover a realty slightly different of what they had in mind. And as a GM, I really needed a complete map, so it will serve me as well!

This is one beautiful street map, original map style, great work

This is fabulous work, Ilanthar! I love the soft relief style and colors that you chose especially but everything is very nice. Well done.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

I've followed your WIP thread on this one and already reped you for that masterpiece, so i'll only say: Congrats for your amazing work, it's a real pleasure to see huge map with that quality!

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Having grown up there, I can tell you that this map is accurate and kicks ass.

A big thanks to everyone! That's really comforting after this loooong map .

@Francissimo : I'm pretty sure that my next map will be a lot less "huge".
    @Diamond : That's great if it seems real (you're in SanFan now, right?). I've been helped for precisions, Ares96 pointed me the LA Times website and that helped a lot.

Thanks to everyone that helped me during the WIP.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast