Thread: Have been working on different aspects of World-building for years...

Question Have been working on different aspects of World-building for years...

...and am now starting to use computer -- Can't say enough about Core Rules 2.0 Expansion !! (unfortunately, Campaign Cartographer does not work on mine)

Use the MsPaint program mostly -- any advice on how best to make tiles would be cool

Just recently got AutoRealm (cool program) but do not know how to use very well yet -- any help ?

Just for getting into the mapping on the computer I would advice you to just play around - gimp is a good and free solution.
    I'd just start to do it without big plans or something. You will get a result in any way, may it be bad or great or seomething in between.
    As soon as you are comfortable with your programm I should make plans, perhaps sketch out a map first on the paper and the visualize it on the computer.
    Tutorials in this great community are very helpfull aswell!

And most importantly have fun doing it! Second: Show what you create and get critic and suggestions!

Blog Entries

for starting
    " JUST HAVE FUN!!!"
    if it is not fun then why do it

you will also find that part way into some map you get a "feeling" that the image just dose not look right
    rename it to .old
    and start again
    90% of what i start i delete

the #1 RULE is
    have fun doing what your doing
    also branch out into other areas not JUST maps