Thread: September Entry: Skippers' Lament

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks for the kind words guys. I have added a few tweaks and think this is about ready.

Skippers Lament

The island region off the Nort-East coast of Barusiae is known as "Skippers' Lament" due to the strange circumstances under which several vessels have foundered or been wrecked on the coastline. Skippers report bizarre sextant readings and night skies that seem strangely out of kilter. It is also an area of treacherous reefs that are rumoured to change position and mists that can materialise in a matter of minute. The area is the subject of a strange magnetic field that indicates a North bearing about 35 degrees East of the normal as indicated by gauges outside the Lament.

The items in the map that aren't mine: The compass rose, the sea chart background (which is a gimp brush) and the pattern underneath the sea which is from a set of symbols Ravs referred me to.

Torq

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Septchallenege.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	482.1 KB 
ID:	6443  
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I may have posted this before, and since the site has been so slow lately, I'm not gonna go back and check to see if I did or not but I love this map, the forests alone are worth an A+ and the lil wreckages are a really cool idea. I hope someday that I can do work this good (and not so dark as I usually end up with).
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps