Thread: Quick help with step 1 (almost) of continent-creation!

Help Quick help with step 1 (almost) of continent-creation!

Hey all, just discovered this forum yesterday while looking for supplements to DMing, and I haven't worked in photoshop or any similar program before, but I have been having a lot of fun with the tutorials around here.

Anyway, I mention that because I am probably doing something silly, but when I follow ascension's guide to continent creation (render clouds, copy, new layer->fill 50% grey, hard mix, then airbrush black for water white for land), as soon as I get to the step where I am airbrushing in the continents, my black brush works beautifully, and I can eliminate the land I don't want, but when I switch to white it has no effect whatsoever, even if I set it so that only the layer I am drawing on is visible.
    Any idea why only the black seems to draw, and not the white? Thanks!

Guild Adept Facebook Connected xpian's Avatar
    Golden Gate Park Panhandle, San Francisco

I haven't looked at the guide you're talking about, but based on the description of your problem, "black paints or shows up and white doesn't show up" it sounds like Multiply Blending Mode or something. Like, your layer or brush is set to multiply. Just a guess, hope it helps.
    _*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Open to cartographic commissions. Contact me: christian [at] stiehl.net
    christianstiehl.com

Oh it definitely was set to multiply. I just left it on that by default I think. I guess I should go through some photoshop tutorials to figure out what all the settings do : ). Thanks a ton!