Thread: [Hexingtide] Southern Tettusa and Environs

Default [Hexingtide] Southern Tettusa and Environs

I'm jumping back into the GM's seat with my regular gaming group for the first time in a decade (ouch), so what better setting to play in than the one I've been piddling away at for such a long time? Right? Well, crap. That means I need maps more granular than just the big world/continental one I've got.

I'm not too pleased with this, but it will have to do for a couple night's of work. The while edging looks a bit odd, but it's a design compromise to print it on standard 17"x11" paper without full bleed. Got a lot left to go in other aspects of campaign prep, so all things considered, this will have to do. It's clear enough to do its job, and that's what really matters with maps, right?

I might tweak it some in the future, and that's why I'm not posting in the finished maps forum, yet.

The setting is dieselpunk fantasy, so I was going for a 1920s-1940s vibe with colors and typography, but wanted to keep the raised relief effect I've used on my continental map. I think it gets mostly there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hexingtide-Map-SouthernTettusa.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	442.1 KB 
ID:	68274

The campaign will be centered in Tulsko City (quad F7). You can see its map here.
    Last edited by Will Phillips; 10-10-2014 at 01:03 PM.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Dude! That's awesome. I'm curious as to how you did that raised relief - it looks like it's mainly bevel/emboss stuff?

Only thing I'm not sold on is the way-huge outer stroke on the text. Have you tried it without that, just plain, or maybe with just a very slight outer glow?

"have to do" ... "not too pleased"... that's crazy. This does a great job. You've nailed the look you were shooting for. Suuuuuuuure, you could always doctor it to make it look even better <shrug>. That's what we all say :-). Same for the city map - fine like it is, smooth stuff out later if it suits you. Till then, hold your tablet high.... or is it hold your head high and your digitizing pen with honor.... something like that. Worth rep on any planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Dude! That's awesome. I'm curious as to how you did that raised relief - it looks like it's mainly bevel/emboss stuff?

Only thing I'm not sold on is the way-huge outer stroke on the text. Have you tried it without that, just plain, or maybe with just a very slight outer glow?
    The raised relief is a combination of lots of layered bevel effect layers with different settings and brushes, essentially.