Thread: ArcGIS / Map Iconography and Cartography/Cleanup

Default ArcGIS / Map Iconography and Cartography/Cleanup

Just curious if anyone has experience doing cartography for a GIS project (ArcGIS based)? At work we have a GIS project in midflight and it could use some cartography/icon/labelling help to make things pop. This would be compensated at an hourly rate.

Blog Entries

I'm afraid only a few of us have much familiarity with real cartography and GIS. If you can't find anyone to take on the job, you could try still try asking questions or posting in progress work for review here as we don't have a rule against real maps. You might also try asking some specific questions at GIS Stack Exchange or maybe Graphic Design Stack Exchange, both have tags for cartography.

Good cartographers who know how to put together geography and design are distressingly rare so expect a long search. As someone already familiar with GIS, I expect you already know that though.

Guild Journeyer

Please post contact information.

Guild Novice
    Blog Entries

I know this is an old thread but I am new to this site and with a background in geography and his-specifically ArcGIS, I wanted to make myself at least known.
    I have realized that most of the top people on here use artistic software, not technical software like gis.
    Drop me a line if you or anyone else needs some GIS work done.