Thanks for the welcome!
I'd love to post some maps, but I'm afraid my meager software isn't capable of doing such wonderfully artistic maps as those I see here.

Here's a screenshot of my desk in action, from a little over a year ago when I was thinking of running a Trillion Credit Squadron game, and decided to make a map of a whole sector.
http://www.piratebrethren.com/travel...mappingpic.jpg

These days, my friends and I have quite unexpectedly been swept into the world of D&D 4e. I had no intentions of buying the game, but the more I looked at it the more I liked what I saw. While at the local game store back on Father's Day, my wife said, "go ahead and buy it." So I did, just because. Next thing you know... we've been playing once a week ever since! I think we'd play twice a week if we could figure out a way to do so.

Being a grognard, I've taken this new found enthusiasm for D&D to a new personal extreme -- I've been making my own dungeon tiles here on my light table at work, using my cache of empty cereal boxes, triangle, parallel ruler, etc.

I'll post some pics of them in play if anyone is interested. They aren't brilliant to look at, but they do their job nicely. And you can't beat the price!