Thread: Large scale, possibly collaborative world

Clorissa Michelle Reed

Post Large scale, possibly collaborative world

Introduction: First off,i would like to say hello.I am chris, 21,I am the dm and creator of a world that i have been working on for a year or so now in conception, while i am artistic, digital art is not my forte, but the idea i have would likely be for alot of different people, so this is more of a bunch of maps commission, but also at minimum it could be at minimum 4 or 5. of course, this is alot to ask im sure, but it is not going to amount to money on my side, the only distribution from me will be to the players, and i was hoping to freely share it with all who want. I have a website that is the basis of this world at Contenents &Cities Of Oblique , Please check it out at your leisure.

Setting: this is a different world, called oblique, its a fairly dark world but centered in a more mixed fantasy. Each content a bit different, i have a semi decent world explanation on my website at The Latest News. but i will describe below, the most important to me is ell and the main map, but also the city of Sigil which is the main hub of Ell.

Design concept: I list each below, but other then the outline i would like to give you the leeway artistically, like a good tattoo artist, i believe what will make these amazing is your creative energies, if you think an island should be shaped differently go for it, if you do a cartoony style do it, if your more of a dark and dreary style do it, hell i can barely make maps as you can probably see, but below are description of the main contents and the one really important city.

The world map A fairly large world, i see it shaped similarly to Earth in size, i am not good at placement so a few things may be odly shaped and i give personal freedom as long as the cities are in the right area, like the one isle of venrath which is frozen should be smaller and nearer to marth, i am a lame map maker, and i made it on paint by hand.
    Ell:The area i'm more concerned with is actually Ell the content on the eastern side, this is the content i have worked hardest on, it is a mixed area stretching much of the eastern side, ranging from the heavily wooded elven woods, to the plains that contain a slighly either trash/steam/punk city, a melding pot in the middle, stretching down to a mountainous area the leads into marsh/ icy tundra. All connected to a dead salt sea to the most Eastern, in which nothing comes from,nothing can be sustained there, so as far as the ports there, are much poorer. This map is largly traversed on smaller non sea worthy boats that ride the large channels of water spread through out, meeting in the middle at the capital, the largest city in the region.
    Sigil City A huge city in the dead center-ish of ell, drawn in a quadrent like way, with there being a shopping district in the middle and rich to the north, eastern is a mainly shipping/fishing area with docks such, the right being a mainly middle class area with some smaller buisness and guilds and the bottom being the entrance but to the left and right the slums, across the bridge (thing very large draw bridge, some farm lands. this of course is all slanted up hill with the rich being at the top, the shopping/guild/buisness area being at a slightly leveled middle. (if someone has a better idea, im a flippin idot and made this idea in the middle of a drunken dnd session with friends)
    Marth/karda: I have always imagined it as Russia, part heavily wooded, part deforested a once full continent, split in to buy war over land and resorses
    Isle of Venrath: while the most southern is mostly an rocky tundra the other 3 are very pirate/tropical (infact the one holds the largest settlement of "free" thieves) pirates are many in this area in the sea and land.
    Gali/tintra: Gali is a vast place in which most is lightly wooded area, i was thinking rain forest, but was cursed (supposedly) and the upper half is a horrible sand ridden area, with rumors of rivers of acid and a city of gold at the very tip (which is true), this continues in a less severe war to tintra, which is connected at a tip to the other piece of land.
    Thale: thale is mostly dessert, but actually more of the Arabian feel, but much more semi steam puck, nothing so big as modern steam puck, but the early stages of it. Much more advanced then most of the other areas, but most can hardly stand the heat to discover it.

Number of maps:
    I would like 7 but your not limited to make only one or any more then one, if you like to make any cities you can, there is details on my website.

Copyright: You remain the owner, i remain right to share freely to my players.

Payment: I am very poor, however i could tip something small maybe 5-10 once i get my college money in the middle of the month but as of now this is listed as unpaid, i realize this is a tall order which i asked for it to be collaborative.

Deadline There is none, i have no clue how long it takes to make what your able to.

Christopher
    Email Clorissa_reed(at) yahoo (dot) com\
    Skype Clorissa(dot)reed
    Use Subject "Sunshine and rainbows"

Sidenotes: I would tell you to take alot of creative liberty if you like, if you do sketches, do that,if you make it via some type of "program" thats fine also, legit, chicken scratch would be 1000% better than my ability and i praise you so much for that. i would prefer a color image for these things. Also, i have many other cities that if you wanted to try making for the most part you can take a complete creative liberty on and those range from a halfling settlement ( i know rare), an orc encampment, a ghost town,a mage town built on cliffs, a small town on an island that is full of thieves, a trash/steampunky city and a few elven cities, Just email or skype me if you have any questions

Again all things oblique can be found at
    Contenents &Cities Of Oblique
    The Latest News

Due to my not everyday checking the site email or skype is preferred.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4c24f1ee9ba1056dc6d7de012befd477.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	143.5 KB 
ID:	68827   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aaba5009cde9590b0df13761bb69372b.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	135.9 KB 
ID:	68828   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	64d94b307ec865ae11b47e51c96c4499.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	68829   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	88cd633cb3e222841431d217a4365fae.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	68830   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	448c23119aae0a61bb698c8ea77e12c7.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	68831  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	805d7e2dafe0b738d6396e4accc093b4.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	17.1 KB 
ID:	68832  

Has this request been taken?