Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: September Entry: A'Jhön Empire

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sagenlicht View Post
    I prefer the B&W as well Delgo
    I'd have to agree Sage, it will (is) my entry ... I'm just messing with the colors to get a feel for the new tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    It's probably just me, but the swamps still look the same. Love everything else though.
    Really? man... I've been working on that swamp for a while... I guess I'll just redraw them... and then scan them in and replace them .... (got some new .13 tips for my pens.... they make swamps look gooooood. )

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I have had a love/hate relationship with those Kohinoor pens for 20 years now. They are totally sweet but I've never had one that doesn't block up after about 3 days, and after 2 days of trying to clean em I usually just throw em against a wall and buy a new one But man they make some sweet lines.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by delgondahntelius View Post
    Really? man... I've been working on that swamp for a while... I guess I'll just redraw them... and then scan them in and replace them .... (got some new .13 tips for my pens.... they make swamps look gooooood. )
    Don't redo them just cause my eyes might be bad, get some other opinions first.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    I have had a love/hate relationship with those Kohinoor pens for 20 years now. They are totally sweet but I've never had one that doesn't block up after about 3 days, and after 2 days of trying to clean em I usually just throw em against a wall and buy a new one But man they make some sweet lines.
    Tell me about it... the only trouble I really have are the .13 pens... they are just so damn tiny and delicate that it doesn't take much to break or otherwise damage the wire when you clean them. Kohinoor has a service plan... just send them points to the company, and they'll replace or fix them for a small fee... a much smaller fee than buying a whole new pen.. most certainly.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    Don't redo them just cause my eyes might be bad, get some other opinions first.
    Well, its not that, I don't much care for them either... lol. If I don't like the look of them then there must be something wrong with it ... and I drew it so I know they suck....

Ok... here is the final map... I think (I hope) and all I really did on this was rework the swamps... Thank you all for your C&C and your time. Good luck to everyone..

###Latest WIP###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sept.png 
Views:	86 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	6434

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I knew it had to be me, it was the heavy line of the coast that was throwing me off ( I think). Great job!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by delgondahntelius View Post
    Ok... here is the final map... I think (I hope) and all I really did on this was rework the swamps... Thank you all for your C&C and your time. Good luck to everyone..

###Latest WIP###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sept.png 
Views:	86 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	6434

Heh.. your small marsh reminds me of a kindey....

I really like this map over all. Are you going to finish the non challenge color version?
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------

I was thinking about finishing it... if I can get around to it

I really like the overall feeling to the pen drawn map. I have a special place in my heart for these styles.

I have to say however that the messy stuff (I think it is the swamp) looks very out of place compared to the rest of the map. I think you would be much better off drawing clumps of grass (the 3 blades of grass that that meet in the middle) and maybe some cat tail images to represent the swamps. Again - do it will the same tool you used to draw the other parts of the map - keep it consistent.

I will be watching very closely to see what you come up with. Fix it up - you have time.

lol dorpond.... I used a pen... a real pen its the only tool I know how to use
    at least most of the map was done this way. I may yet fix it, I do have plenty of time, I'm just kinda lazy

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast