Another update. This shows the docks district about 1/2 -- 2/3 done. Still haven't added shadows/highlights, which I expect will transform the image, to some degree.

I realised, perhaps too late, that I wasn't drawing buildings that resemble particularly the warehouses/taverns that Shadire said were present in that district, but rather generic Italian-style houses. Shadire, when you see this, I hope you won't mind too much. Unfortunately, my approach to mapmaking leaves only a narrow window of time for alterations, between the original sketches and inking it in. Here, the ink is down, so changing things would be difficult. That said, I am quite certain that warehouses were a rarity in medieval times--most people tended to have basements or storerooms attached to their shops/houses; true warehouses were more often the property of aristocratics/royalty/large companies. Anyway, apologies if this is a problem.

To all guilders, please feel free to drop off a comment/suggestion/critique, as per usual.

THW

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pyrus 02 B.jpg 
Views:	434 
Size:	2.93 MB 
ID:	69354