Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: No idea

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Howdy. Glad to be of help, my friend.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Whoa, what awesomeness is this! Been away for a spell myself (had a kid and life suddenly got busy!) but very happy to see you back in the saddle Ascension.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Hey Red, I have no idea how to do any of that. I'm not technologically inclined, hence the melt-down. I have flash drives but they're all full of blueprints and ideas for my new house. Thanks to my time here at The Guild I was able to mock-up some pretty decent plans that the architect didn't have to alter much. There's all sorts of numbers on there that I have no idea what they mean but my lines are all intact, which is nice. For me, all I need now is one hard round 5-pixel brush and a tablet to do all of my mapping. So much easier.

~A~
    I used to wing it a bit and then one day I had my PC's power supply pop and take out the machine, the drives and everything connected to the motherboard and all was lost. So since that day I back stuff up. In fact since its the beginning of the new year, I have been doing my complete system back ups which get locked up far away from the machine - my last resorts if you will. But normally I back up about once a week now or basically every time I do something significant I wouldn't want to redo. To do it, I just push a little icon and that's all there is. To set that up is real easy and you don't have to know anything about the numbers or letters. The best way is to have a USB external hard drive and plug it in when you need to back up then if you get the power supply go pop then its most likely not connected to the machine and its all still there. But you could back up to the same drive and that would protect you from accidental deletion or file corruption.

If you want me to help you through that step by step or write a tut for windows to do that then let me know. I should also mention that in my experience I have had more flash pen drives fail on me than hard drives - so I hope that's not the only copy of your blue prints you have.

Nice map. Of course every bit of your artwork is nice.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

A bunch of technical guides would help the entire guild, I think. Of course there will be a lot of people who will want to argue this or that but those of us who don't know a damn thing would really appreciate it.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

What he said. ^

If someone line by line explains it to me like a tutorial, I could probably handle it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123