Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Re-introduction

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Default Re-introduction

Hello to The Guild, new folks and veterans. I thought I'd drop a little bit of info here so that peeps don't think that I'm some opinionated schmuck just blabbing away. I wrote a ton of tutorials in different styles many many years ago and was totally obsessed with maps. Then my computer fritzed and I lost every single thing. I quit and didn't even look at maps for a few years. I got the itch back so I decided to buy new stuff and get cracking. It'll take me a week or two to get back into the swing of things around here, many things have changed I'm sure. My style hasn't really progressed in the intervening years since everything just stopped for me. I've been actively drawing for a couple of days now and already I see small changes so that's a good thing. I look forward to going through all of the stuff I missed and making new friends.

Ciao 4 now,
    ~A~
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Welcome back, Ascension, to the Guild, and to the wonderful world of mapping. One thing hasn't changed in your absence: this is still the mappiest place on the web.

I've read, used, and appreciated your tutorials in the past (especially good job on the city tutes, by the way). Your return feels a bit like the resurrection of King Arthur, the Once and Future King. Now, if only you could persuade some of the others to show their faces - anyone seen Lukc or Tilt lately?

THW

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Here here!
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

I think we're all prodigal sons to some degree. We take breaks, some longer than others, but we always come back, some shorter than others. I talk to Jon, (Torstan) every once in a while via Facebook, not sure if he's still poking about.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

Welcome back Ascension, Always great when someone comes in out of the cold. Torstan does post occasionally, I think he has been busy making maps for the Game of Thrones RPG's.

Welcome back Ascension! I believe I joined after your mysterious disappearance, but every few threads I would hear whispers of the great and powerful Ascension.

Sap, long time no see, bud. Bogie, Domino... howdy.

One of the Great Old Ones has begun stirring again... Except that in this case it's far more likely a good thing than not!

Waldro, sup man. I wish I had more tentacles.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast