Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Practicing

I'm convinced you are not a human, Ascension, but instead an efficient map-making robot.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Whiirrrrr. Booting up.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

New Practice piece. How I set up a continent. This is half-size.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new map 6.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	1.72 MB 
ID:	69971  
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

I think I want to practice some heavy detail illustrated style so these are my mountains so far.

Name:	6a.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	643.1 KB 
ID:	69975  

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

The #25 map is great As for the mountains in the post below they look nice, though the main linework mountains might be a bit too heavy on several ones.

Agreed on the heaviness, especially on the light-ward side. I'm hoping that by the end that the heaviness becomes a positive thing if I can make this busy enough.

I agree with others, that map in post 25 is just a wonder!

Not a lot of work accomplished unless you count 2 days of sorting through fonts to find stuff mid-18th century, then cutting that down to the final. Ugh. I sometimes wish that there were only like 2 fonts ever.

Name:	6a.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	882.9 KB 
ID:	70007  

Banned User

Wow, some really nice work with the terrains. I love the tropical swamp and the croplands!

What are the taller thingys in the farm area? If they are meant to be trees or buildings, they are pretty large relative to the mountains.

I'm not sure as to what they're really called but they're found in southeast Asia. Just these tall pillars of rock with some vegetation here and there. I have 3 possible names - karst, polje, and mogotes.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast